O1-Visa (April 2014)
- O-1 is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievements in the motion picture or television industry and have been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
Second PhD thesis award of University of Rennes 1 in the Computer Science category (February 2013)
- This is an annual award granted by the Fondation Rennes 1. The Fondation of Rennes 1 is a prestigious organization in Brittany (France) which aims to reinforce relationships between the academic and socio-economic world in order to increase innovation and socio-economic development.
Second prize winner at the IEEE SCALE Challenge (in conjunction with the 13th IEEE/ACM CCGrid) (May 2013)
- IEEE SCALE Challenge is an international competition in which the participants demonstrate working solutions to real-world problems that rely on large scale computing. In this demo, the Snooze system was deployed with over 10000 system services distributed across over 300 physical servers and shown to be robust enough to recover from thousands of failures. Moreover, it was used to run large Hadoop experiments.
- IEEE CloudCom is the premier conference on Cloud Computing worldwide, attracting researchers, developers, users, students and practitioners from the fields of big data, systems architecture, services research, virtualization, security and privacy, high performance computing, always with an emphasis on how to build cloud computing platforms with real impact.
Scholarship from the European University of Brittany (UEB) (July 2012)
- The UEB brings together 28 higher education and research establishments (universities, grandes écoles, research bodies, and university teaching hospitals) from all over Brittany. I have received a grant to support a research internship at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley, CA, USA).